Yoga is the best traditional way to keep body and mind in balance. Unfortunately, as in this fast-paced lifestyle, we don’t have time to spend on ourselves, which leads to many health problems. But sparing 10 minutes for morning yoga can be very helpful to kickstart your day on a fit note which will feel you more energetic and regain body-mind peace.
If we go back in centuries and see, yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing balance between mind and body. It is an art and science of a healthy lifestyle. The word ‘Yoga’ is derived from the Sanskrit root ‘Yuj,’ meaning ‘to join’ or ‘to yoke’ or ‘to unite.’
Yoga practices are increasing day by day as many foreign cultures are adopting this. While many people feel that yoga doesn’t match up to cardio exercises or High-intensity training, research has shown that yoga can help you with everything from weight loss to lowering period pain, boosting heart health, and ensuring smooth digestion. Plus, you don’t require any particular studio space to do yoga poses.
If you are new to yoga, here are some very simple and basic yoga asana that you can start, and then as you progress, you can take more challenging asanas(poses), but it is good to keep things simple when you are just starting.
Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
- Vrksasana is a standing balance pose. It is very easy for beginners to work on to gain focus and clarity. It replicates the steady stance of a tree.
- First of all, to do this yoga pose, stand straight, join the legs and feet together, and then keep your left foot on your upper thigh, then join the hands like doing prayer. Hold and breathe for 8-10 breaths, then change sides. Ensure you don’t lean in to the standing leg and keep the shoulders relaxed.
Paschimottanasana (head to toe)
- Sit with your outstretched legs and flexed toes. Inhale and raise your arms. Exhale and pull the navel in. Stretch the spine forward from the hips. Hold the toes with your hands, bending the elbow outward or down. In the final position, your awareness should be on your abdominal breathing.
- This asana helps your body for better blood circulation. It also improves the digestion system. Relieves headache, anxiety, reduces obesity, and increases appetite.
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold)
- Standing Forward Bend is top of the list of yoga poses for flexibility.
- In this asana, you have to touch the toes with your hands. The legs should be straight and toes flexed. This yoga will help you to lose abdomen fat.
Balasna (Child Pose)
- It is also known as a child’s pose. This pose helps in calming the mind and relieving stress and tension. This yoga pose is an excellent one for beginners as well as for all-level yoga practitioners.
- To do this asan, bow down on the floor, touch your big toes together from the back. Exhale and lay your abdomen resting between your inner thighs and rest your forehead on the mat. Keep your hands straight.
Savasana (Corpse Pose)
- This yoga pose is the favorite of everyone. No yoga session is complete without these. In this, you have to lie down on the back straight, keeping your hands and legs relaxed and concentrating on your breaths. Do this pose for at least 5 minutes.
As these yoga poses are easy to do, but one can find it a little tricky because, in the beginning, our body is not so flexible and trained for it. You can also use yoga accessories such as yoga mats, bricks, and straps to achieve these poses quickly and flexion your body.