Global Pandemic COVID-19 has changed our life completely and moved us to take care of our health and hygiene. By now, we all are aware of basic precautions such as washing hands with soap, using hand sanitizer, avoid touching the mouth and nose, as it will help us to stay away from viruses.
We all are using hand sanitizer nowadays because it is very convenient to use, as it is easy to carry and gives instant protection. Everybody uses hand sanitizer but, nobody knows that it is not new in the market. Hand sanitizers were first introduced in 1966.
Most of the Hand Sanitizer contains ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol. Alcohol kills a germ that’s way it is used to make sanitizer.
Choosing the right sanitizer is a task, and one should always keep these basic things in mind. According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the concentration of alcohol in sanitizer should be between the range of 60 to 90 percent.
The sanitiser should be enough to cover your hands and fingers (about 3ml). Rub it on your hands for about 20 seconds, until your hands start to feel dry.
What are the advantages of using hand sanitizers?
Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizers stops the spread of germs, and disease-causing microbes are of significant advantage in the following ways:
- Contain microbial growth: Using alcohol-based hand sanitizers is proven to stop the spread of germs, including infection-causing microbes, thus arresting disease spread.
- Promote hygiene and healthy habits: Regular sanitization of hands promotes a sense of personal hygiene and teaches healthy habits; thus, people falling ill lesser.
- Reduced wastage of resources: Alcohol-based sanitizers get quickly ‘evaporated’ leaving a sweet fragrance. Upon using hand sanitizers, no additional water or tissue paper requirement is needed, thus avoiding wastage.
There are always pros and cons to everything. These are some safety tips that one should follow while using Hand sanitizer.
- Never consume hand sanitizer.
- Keep Hand sanitizer out of the reach of children.
- Don’t go near fire or flame immediately after use.
- Don’t touch eye, nose, and mouth immediately after use.
- Do not wipe or rinse off the hand sanitizer before it is dry.
- Children should use it only with adult supervision.
- Keep Hand sanitizer out of the reach of Pets.
By following basic hand hygiene and healthy habits, we can overcome more significant challenges like the one we are experiencing today. Sanitizers are practical and an economical way to break the chain of transmission of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens. Let’s fight Covid-19 by breaking the germ transmission chain.